Blog Archive

Monday, February 24, 2014

Stonewall Jackson Youth Development Center {Personal}

This post probably isn't going to encourage you into letting me take your baby's newborn shots or anything, but on occasion I like to step away from the normal everyday stuff and do some shooting for myself.  

I had heard and read about this place all over the internet, it's been closed for quite some time and many other photographers like myself had stepped inside these buildings and taken their version of what they saw in there.  I couldn't help but want to take a stab at expressing my vision of the place and seeing things for myself.  So me and my main shooting buddy, Becca, met up one afternoon and roamed the abandoned building as much as we could for the short time that we had.  We felt like we barely scratched the surface with there being so many buildings and all of them had so much to offer, so there might be another post in the future of a another visit paid to this historical site.     






























 

No comments: